--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Saturday, September 20, 2008

Off Color: Andrea Chung, Nekisha Durrett


Andrea Chung's work inthe Off Color I exhibit at Rush Arts Gallery

Last night I attended the opening reception of "Off Color I", curated by Hank and his cousin Kalia Brooks, and I discovered the work of Andrea Chung. Her collages/montages really spoke to me. Formally I felt that she is on the forefront of the revival of photo montage. I have been exploring collage & illustration this year and looking at many artists using that technique, and find Andrea's work the most compelling and well executed.
Also part of this exhibit at Rush Arts Gallery is a great illustration art work by the talented & wonderful Nekisha Durrett.


Jeri in the Woods © Nekisha Durrett

"Off Color II" , the second installment of this show, opens tomorrow in Brooklyn at Corridor Gallery Brooklyn Project Space.

No comments: