--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1 Year Anniversary !

Who would have thunk?!
It has been a year since my first post. Blogging has opened up a whole new world and I am grateful in particular to my favorite bloggers (see the list on the side bar--and if you have suggestions for other blogs, please suggest away), who often brighten my day or introduce me to something new or simply express ideas & sentiments that I was pondering myself. The blogging world is a joy and like so many good things in life basically free.


I LOVE Mr. Bompa (made& designed by Smosch). Nudist Mr.Bompa (with the Empire State Building in the background) sends greeting back home to Sweden from downtown NYC! Mr. Bompa thinks that Sandra & Johan will love NYC. ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

Yesterday, Mr. Bompa arrived from Sweden. Mr. Bompa, who I discovered via Sandra Juto's blog, arrived very appropriately on the last day of my first year of blogging. I had been eyeing Sandra's 'buttcrack characters' for a while and Mr. Bompa was the one for me!
The pictures below doesn't do Mr. Bompa justice, I was not able to capture a good full frontal against New York skyline with the camera phone. So to see Mr.Bompa in all his glory head over to Smosch, it's well worth the visit.
Also take a moment to check out the Smosch shop, I love the wrist worms and pocket calendars!
And talking about Swedish Bloggers & Shops: Thank you Camilla for mentioning my blog on your blog today. That makes today a perfect blog anniversary day :)

11 comments:

Aislinn Leggett said...

Happy Birthday!
And looking forward to reading a whole lot more.

nina said...

thank you!

sandra said...

my goodness, mr bompa looks so content! i'm so happy he arrived so fast (and of course a bit jealous he did it before me!). happy anniversary! your cameraphone seems to be a bit less dirty than mr bompa, good ;) i wonder if he feels small compared to the empire state penis...

heejinkang said...

congratulations on year one and many more to come! x

Anonymous said...

congrats!

.girl ferment. said...

hip hip hooray!

love Mr Bompa.
He is rude both front and back.

Joanna Goddard said...

SO CUTE, i can't stand it!

ladyfresh said...

congratulations! i started following your blog a few months ago

=)

Rona Chang said...

hooray! i love reading your voice. xo

nina said...

thanks everyone :)
and yes Mr. Bompa rocks and seems quite comfortable in the big apple. He seems to enjoy all the big pahllic buildings ;)

fine little day said...

:)!