--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, October 12, 2008

At the Village Pet Store & Charcoal Grill

On Friday night we visited Banksy's The Village Pet Shop and Charcoal (tx, Wyatt) and I have been wondering since how to blog about it.
The set-up of the 'pet store' is clever, as is the use of animated sculptures/objects. You will only get the full experience of the show in person -- partially because the viewers & their various reactions are very much part of the exhibit (as I think they always are in Banksy's case and are intended to be).
Below is some footage -inclusive of comments by different visitors- from the show to give you just a glimpse but if you are in New York this month go see it for yourself.










That's hysterical? footage from the Banksy exhibit

Note: Just being a vegetarian or simply showing concern for non-human beings seems to alarm many to great degree. As a result vegetarians and vegans are often maliciously ridiculed. I don't get it. Nor do I get why "Religulous" is creating a stir.
I do get that Banksy's art is not 'high-brow', but I like it.
All that being said I am not sure what Banksy's intent really is, but he makes people talk and perhaps think and that is a contribution in my book.

No comments: