--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday This & That

My dear friend Hank and his mom Deb will be speaking at Aperture Tuesday night:

Hank Willis Thomas and Deborah Willis
Conversation
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 6:30 p.m.
Aperture Gallery
547 West 27th Street, 4th floor
New York, New York

The William Eggelston Retrospective opened at the Whitney Museum of American Art and I can't wait to see it. But I must, because I am saving it for when my parents visit. Tema Stauffer however has already seen it and you can read her take on it on her blog: www.palmaire.blogspot.com.

If you love horses check out Kelly Klein's new anthology of equine photography simply titled "Horse" - which includes work by Edward Steichen, Robert Mapplethorpe, Ellen von Unwerth, Roberto Dutesco & many more.

2 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

I must check out that book, as I adore horses. Also, Mapplethorpe is one of my favorite photographers...

nina said...

The book is way better than the cover suggests :)