--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, January 2, 2009

Daniel Cooney's 2nd Emerging Artists Auction


© Nina Buesing

Head over to www.igavel.com to see the latest Emerging Artists Auction curated & presented by Daniel Cooney. The works are also available for viewing at Daniel Conney Fine Art in Chelsea.

I am grateful to Dan Cooney, and flattered to be included in this auction along with the talented Juliana Beasely, Toni Pepe, Pixy Liao, Shane Lavalette, Nadine Rover, Nyra Lang, Sam Falls and others.

My image in the auction is from a stay in Ubud, Bali. Travelling to Indonesia and the island of Bali without a doubt was one of the greatest experiences of my life. My friend Andrea, whose mother hails from Indonesia, set things up so that we would be there during the holiday of Galugan. A perfect time to visit, because the island's mysticism is in overdrive during this celebration and I felt as if I had transcended to Middle-earth or something.

I recommend travelling to Bali, but if you can't, maybe my print can bring a little of Paradise-like Bali to you ;)

The auction ends January 21, 2009. Happy Bidding!

6 comments:

susana said...

beautiful image, Nina! Congrats on the auction!

nina said...

thanks, Susana!

Emily Shur said...

I concur. Beautiful picture and congrats! Hey, I never said I was original...

Rona Chang said...

Congrats and I wish I could float to Bali and leave all my work behind!

nina said...

thanks guys :)

Minette said...

That's gorgeous Nina! Its a good image to have over the winter--wish I could see the show~congrats!