--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Won


Schimmelreiter (FerroI) ©Nina Buesing

Brian Paul Clamp of Clamp Art in Chelsea juried the latest Krappy Kamera Competition at Soho Photo and I am thrilled to announce that I won 1st Place.
I am grateful to Soho Photo and Sandra Carrion for organizing this competition. Since I have decided to focus on what I used to refer to as my personal work, one priority has become to get my images out there and seen by people - people like Brian Paul Clamp, Dan Estabrook, Andy Adams and Daniel Cooney . Competitions (& the internet!) make that goal a manageable task. But it is not just about the curator & judges -- and thus I am excited to say that this competition is accompanied by an exhibit that will open to the public in March at Soho Photo. I'll keep you posted on the details of the opening reception in the weeks to come.

12 comments:

Ellen Rennard Photography said...

Congratulations, Nina! You deserve it!

lane said...

Congratulations! It's great to see your work get some recognition, I love your images and I'm excited to see you getting them out there! Well done. :)

lily said...

Congratulations Nina! It's no surprise to me that you won, I love your work. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! tell me, which crapy camera was it taken with?

Candace said...

Congrats Ms. Nina! Jasper would love this image.

nina said...

thank you guys :)

Rona Chang said...

Love the image, and the series. Congrats!

Emily Shur said...

This is so great Ni! A mighty big congratulations from me to you. You totally deserve this and many more successes.

nina said...

Thanks Em, I know you know how long it took me to get over myself;)

Anonymous said...

Well Done. You deserve it. You are great at what you do.

Tema said...

Just one more person dropping in to say congratulations, Nina.

nina said...

:)