--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday This & That


© April Gertler

Today I am presenting a conversation with April Gertler over at the Nymphoto Blog. I am very excited about this interview. I was introduced to April's work via a friend years back and I immediately felt a sense of recognition or perhaps understanding. April & I were both born in Germany. April then grew up in the US and now lives in Germany, while I spent my childhood in Germany and now live in the US. I don't know if that has something to do with my response to her work. Either way I think her work is fantastic and I say hop over to www.nymphoto.blogspot.com to check out the interview and see some of April's art.


© April Gertler

Also at the Nymphoto Blog you can find this week's Op-Ed piece which was written by my friend Candace Gottschalk. Candace and I have been friends for over a decade now. A decade in which we finished our graduate degrees, held different jobs, started Nymphoto, moved several times, experienced loss, turned long term boyfriends into husbands (in tropical places) -- and Candace became a mother (to the most amazing Jasper!). In her Op-Ed piece Candace writes about the balancing act of being a mother & an artist. Go check it out.
My friend Emily Shur has been writing great posts over at her blog my Four Eyed Fantasy about the apparent demise of magazine publishing & working on projects (or not!). And Susana Raab (who Emily & I became fast blog friends with) also posted an excellent account of her visit with curator Shannon Thomas Perich at the Smithsonian. Head over to Look Underfoot to check it out.

No comments: