--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Good Stuff

My favorite cheap wine remains the Australian Shiraz Whoop Whoop. Incidentally our Australian friend David (husband to culinary master Andrea)brought over another good and well priced red the other night: a Cabernet Sauvignon from California from 2006 by Cannonball. Very full bodied, but tasty and a good deal.
I am adding it to my list of wines to buy by the case --this one is great for (dinner) parties.

Canonball Cabernet Sauvignon 2006

2 comments:

lane said...

I'm not sure how much it would run over there, but I recommend Pepperjack Shiraz, also an Australian wine. It's my go-to for dinners with friends.

nina said...

thanks Lane-- will try a bottle this weekend.