--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, February 20, 2009

So Long Old Friend


Gilley from the Islands ©Jeff Cate

The passing of a companion animal is tough. There is no two ways about it.
Back in the day when I worked at Craig Cutler Studio, I made good friends. One of them of the four legged kind: Gilligan.
Gilley used to come to work at the studio with my friend Jeff. And I had the pleasure of playing dog hotel to Gilley a few times when both of 'his parents' were out of town.
Unfortunately Gilley passed on February 14, 2009 - in his sleep at the age of 15 (which is great for a dog!).
Gilley was extremely lovable and thus I am not surprised he passed away on Valentine's Day - known in Guatemala as "Día del Amor y la Amistad".While his passing saddened me, I also felt warm and fuzzy just thinking of Gilley. Everyone love(d)s Gilley -- even if they met him only briefly. He charmed everyone.
Gilley was pure love & a good friend, a real Valentine you may say.

No comments: