--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Women I Heart

Not surprisingly as a woman and a a founder of Nymphoto, I am interested in women and women issues. When I returned from Sweden I found Lauren Hutton smiling at me from a recent J.Crew catalog in my mail. My inner bougie self has a soft spot for J.Crew (they have very solid basics!). And I love that they use Lauren Hutton as a model. I know I am being advertised to when I look at these images, but regardless I still think it is progress and I love what Lauren Hutton evokes. If that makes me sucka so be it.
Anyway Kudos to J.Crew's Jenna Lyons who simply has exquisite taste. (Don't believe me?! Have you seen her house?! -- it was featured in the now defunct Domino Magazine and her previous Downtown loft was cleverly done as well).

No comments: