--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday, Framily & a "New Pola"

A lot of our family lives far away which can be difficult. And as my dad said at our wedding, friends often fill in for family. My friend Amy long ago christened those kind of friends "framily" and I think that is very apt.
So I am really psyched that my friend Hank is moving to my block. He often self-describes himself as my younger brother and I guess in many ways he is. We don't hang as much as we did in college but the relationship remains. And like with a sibling we sometimes give each other a hard time or don't see eye to eye, but that's OK, because the relationship is just there, it's not going anywhere.
And then there is also Pete. I can sit on a couch with Pete for hours and not say I word. I like that. We shared highs & lows and things are just comfortable.
Anyway, Pete just send me a link to the new Fuji Instax camera: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C76XK
Sweet . Not the same old same old. ButIT lives on. Yeah.
Have a good weekend. Spend it with your framily!

No comments: