--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Kristen Ashburn: I AM BECAUSE WE ARE


from I AM BECAUSE WE ARE, photographs by Kristen Ashburn, published by powerHouse Books

Fellow NYU Alumni Kristen Ashburn's Book "I AM BECAUSE WE ARE" launches today. The book is a companion piece to the documentary film by the same title by Madonna & Nathan Rissman.
I have always admired Kristen's strength and dedication to her work. I have seen a press-preview of the book and it confirms what an outstanding photographer Kristen is. The book not only shows work commissioned for the film but also shows Kristen's previous efforts in documenting & raising awareness of the AIDS crisis in Africa.

You can find out more about the book (the exhibit & the movie & the cause) by visiting: www.powerhousebooks.com or www.iambecauseweare.com.

No comments: