--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox

The trailer for Wes Anderson's new film Fantastic Mr. Fox -- coming to theaters November 25, 2009:


Stop-Motion-Animation & Voices by George Clooney & Meryl Streep courtesy Fox Searchlight

My mobile ring tone is the theme song from Life Aquatic and chances are I will watch anything directed or written by Wes Anderson -- I am one of those.
So of course I am looking forward to Wes Anderson's adaption of Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr Fox.
I am not an animation fan, but open to it and Wes Anderson is probably one person who can sell me on an animation feature. Life Aquatic had some animation and more extensive sets already, so I feel as if Wes Anderson has eased me into this next film.
To me Wes Anderson is the Björk of filmaking: Always pushing the envelope but never veering too far off the path.
Meryl Streep and George Clooney are lending their voices to Mr. and Mrs. Fox, which I think is excellent. Of course Owen Wilson is involved in this project too. As are Jason Schwartzman, Noah Baumbach, Anjelica Houston, Roman Coppola and Bill Murray.

See more about the movie at Fox Searchlight Picture's YouTube page: www.youtube.com.

No comments: