--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, October 23, 2009

Checking in On Julianna Swaney & More


I love how Julianna has introduced blue into her palette © Julianna Swaney

My husband and I are both interested in history and particularly in the history of New York. We talk and read a lot about past decades in the city, sometimes being nostalgic for a New York that mostly does not exist anymore.
My husband wonders which will be the next "place to be".
I think the "place to be" right this minute is the net. It allows for so much exchange and discovery.
I first came across the work(& world) of Julianna Swaney's work on the net - along with lots of other artists. And the great thing is, that the net allows one to keep track of artists and what they are up to.

Anyway, Julianna is incredibly productive and diligent about posting on her blogs - www.rareredbird.blogspot.com & www.ohmycavalier.blogspot.com , allowing her audience to follow her process.

You can revisit my conversation with Julianna, by clicking here.

No comments: