--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, January 1, 2010

Ahoi 2010!


Sailing on the Elbe River (boat built by my dad!) © Buesing

This holiday season reminded me of the comfort ritual and tradition (in moderation!) can provide.
And in that spirit I bought some flowers for the house last night, cooked a favorite vegge meal for the husband, cleansed & blessed our home & family with some sage and greeted the year in a very conscious way.
Then this morning my parents, the husband & I spit into the East River to greet the New Year (It's a family tradition. The Elbe river in Hamburg is preferred but any body of water will do, even the loo).
I am blessed or lucky or whatever and I hope good fortune stays with us in 2010. And I wish you the same:Happy 2010 & smooth sailing to you!

2 comments:

Jupiter Family said...

Happy New Year !!!

2010 New Year's Fireworks show

http://fireworks2010.blogspot.com/

Rona Chang said...

very nice sailboat.