--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, January 29, 2010

Alexis Anne Mackenzie



It Matters To Me, 2009 and Youthless, 2009 ©Alexis Anne Mackenzie.

Via Camilla Engman I came across Alexis Anne Mackenzie's exquisite collages . While I trained primarily in photography my heart is often in other mediums & aesthetics. Alexis' work completely inspired me this week and I am grateful to her for letting me share some of her collages with you.
Please also visit www.alexisanne.com to see more of her work online.

Alexis' work will be showcased at the following galleries in 2010:

Paper!Awesome!, Baer Ridgway Exhibitions, San Francisco. February 2010. (Group Exhibit)

Forthcoming Solo Show, POVevolving Gallery. Los Angeles. March 2010. (Solo Exhibit)

Forthcoming Group Exhibition, KRETS Gallery, Malmö, Sweden. March 2010. (Group Exhibit)

Gallery 2, ebersmoore. Chicago. April 23-May 22, 2010. (Solo Exhibit)

New Directions In Collage, NEIU Fine Arts Center Gallery, Chicago. June 2010. (Group Exhibit)


Bladder Campion, 2007 ©Alexis Anne Mackenzie

No comments: