--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Galette des Rois


Three Kings letting me eat cake (yup, I went outside an got me some galette) ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

It has been a long time since I lived in Paris, but since I did so in my formative years, I (proudly) carry with me some French-ness.
Galette des Rois is a delicious cake with an almond paste filling (so good!) that was traditionally served in France on the Epiphany. But nowadays Galette des Rois can be found all through the month of January. Even in New York! Most authentic French Bakeries will have it and the Belgian chain Le Pain Quotidien also has a traditional gallette on the menu this month. I am still a bit triste about Mountain and all, but seeing the galette in the window of my local bakery cheered me up.
I might just have to go back out in the frozen tundra and get myself a piece.
Head over to www.chocolateandzucchini.com to read more about La Galette des Rois.

No comments: