--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Friday, January 22, 2010

Grateful Friday


My great-grandmother, mom, uncle and grandmother. © Buesing

Sandra Juto this Thursday decided it was Grateful Thursday, I am following the wise Swede's footsteps and making today Grateful Friday.

I am grateful for my husband and the rest of my family (that includes the cats). This week I got to see my younger nephew in his first play. And that was awesome. My parents live far away so I am especially grateful my sister lives close by.
I am grateful for my health. Which brings me to being grateful for my friends. I pulled something in my neck last night while cleaning the kitchen and my friend Nurse Amy came over today and gave me a two hour massage that fixed my neck.
When I got married, my father gave a beautiful speech at our wedding thanking our friends. Since most of our family lives far away, friends -or framily as Amy calls it- has often taken the place of family. I think New York is very conducive to these deep friendships, because New York is so extreme: at once amazing and really tough place to live.
So we have to band together and we do. The New York tribe is strong. Thank you everyone for coming to the party last weekend.
One of our tribe is returning home tomorrow, and I am really excited about that! Welcome home Aretha!
I am also grateful for my virtual (blog) buddies, particularly 'the Swedes', who provide daily inspiration.Thank you Karin, Camilla and Sandra. As mentioned before I have a huge soft spot for all things Swedish. Maybe because my great-grandmother's family hailed from Sweden.

1 comment:

Fine Little Day said...

And I like the photo :)