--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Margot Gayle


My favorite person (my husband) walking down my favorite street - thanks Margot Gayle for helping to preserve the marvelous Soho Architecture. © Nina Buesing Corvallo

The Jefferson Market Library is one of the many buildings saved by Margot Gayle. And being at this library today prompted my husband to say: "Margot Gayle is the godmother of everything I love about NYC." So true. There would be no Soho left without her and I think being engaged in the community is actually what makes you a real New Yorker. She might have been born in Missouri, but Margot Gayle was a true New Yorker.
If you don't know about Margot Gayle, head over to Wikipedia to find out more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margot_Gayle

No comments: