--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Monday, January 11, 2010

Mountain


Fauna I (Ghost) Framadani , Belize 2008 --image of Mountain. R.I.P Buddy - hope you found even better pastures . ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

Last week Mountain died or as my mother-in-law more poetically said, he departed. I don't like to have favorites, but Mountain was my favorite. Or maybe a better way to describe my connection to Mountain is to say that he was my muse. He had a lot of character, the most beautiful & expressive eyes and I loved his crazy mane. Mountain, you will be missed. "Che tristezza" my husband said and I agree.

1 comment:

travelinbride said...

I'm so sorry. At least you have allowed us to share a little of his nature, and we remember. I told our dog he isn't allowed to die, but he's a Beagle, and I know his nose will lead him off one day.