--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Forest


Whistlejacket by George Stubbs - A Painter I Heart

This blog is a sort of diary. And even though I am a photographer by trade, I don't blog much about photography.
For a while that made me think that I was turning from the medium. And then the obvious became clear (sometimes you can't see the forest because of all the trees): I don't write much about photography because that is not where I draw from for my work.
As an undergrad and especially as a grad student one is constantly ask to write about one's photography. And if one is pursuing fine art photography one will be asked some more. I like to say as little as possible about my work. I hope that it can speak for itself and if you must have the back story, then this blog would be a good start.

1 comment:

Rona Chang said...

agreed, I think it's a rather fine point you're making.