--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday This & That


Sápmi ©Nina Buesing (plainpicture)

Art for Haiti is is keeping me busy. If you'd like a sneak peek at some of the work that will be up for auction, please visit: www.nymphoto.com.

Sandra Juto was inspired by her uncles house and knitted some amazing neckworms. The first three already sold out, but three more are on their way and you can find them in Sandra's online shop. Sandra mentioned on her blog today that Goetheburg is covered in more snow than she has ever seen. My oldest friend Inken said that our hometown of Hamburg was also covered with incredible loads of snow and that plates of ice were stacking up like pancakes next to the Elbe River. It makes me want to go back to Sámpi, the landscape up there must be amazing with all that snow.

One of the best decisions I made in 2010 was to commit to the gym. Emily has a great post about the mental benefits of physical exercise and practice, titled I Swear I am Not a Hippie.

And Camilla Engman had the most exquisite image of beans the other day on her blog, find it at www.camillaengman.blogspot.com. I just love her vision.

1 comment:

sandra said...

the dogs! oh the dogs! hope your neckworm is at your place soon if it isn't already there :)