--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Work & Play


I wanted to put an image of Dad & I working on the boat, but could not find one. So here is one of me sailing with my parents as a kid instead.
© Nina Buesing Corvallo

In the winter the sailing boats in Hamburg come ashore. It's gets too cold and icy to keep them in the water. The winter months are used to overhaul and refinish the boats.
As a kid I used to go with my dad and help him sand and paint the bottom and keel of the boat.
I was thinking of this today as I was sanding and staining some wood in my house. I did not mind going with my dad as a child, I liked spending the time with him and looking back I realize he taught me about discipline and perseverance. Thanks Dad!

No comments: