--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot!


Where's the Pool? ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

It's so hot and humid. Many flee the city when it gets steamy like that. I kind of like the city like this, but I sure wish I had a place to cool down. My gym has a pool, but an indoor dip is not quite the same. While tacky, I certainly wish I had one of these:


In Brooklyn ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

Mayor Bloomberg is bringing some versions of these to Park Avenue. Read more about Dumpster Pools at www.inhabitat.com.

3 comments:

labellua said...

Great pool pics! If you come out here, I'll buy and blow up your very own pool in the backyard!

Peter said...

http://www.pluspool.org/

this would be awesome, but I guess a dumpster is just a little cheaper.

nina said...

Pete, that's neat!