--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sip-A-Pop


When it is really hot Popsicles are just so good! ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

The other day I was reading about the rising cost of (artisanal) ice cream in The New York Times. This summer I have not had much ice cream. However I have been making Popsicles. I resurrected an old Sip-A-Pop form. My favorite flavor currently is Fuji Apple, for which I use juice from Red Jacket Orchards which I purchase at the Farmer's Market. Cider and Tropicana Orange Juice work really well too.
If you prefer to use a non-plastic form, Tickle Trunk sells a Stainless Steel Popsicle Mold. Once they have the reusable Bamboo sticks worked out, I might invest in one of those. In the mean time though I just picked up another Sip-A-Pop mold at my local D'Agostino's -- $3.99 plus tax.

No comments: