--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Thursday, October 21, 2010

More

More scanning, more things watched. I don't have a TV but I subscribe to Netflix and I watch Hulu. I always liked Julianna Margulies and The Good Wife is a good show. Julianna Margulies was also featured in Rosanna Arquette's documentary Searching for Deborah Winger, which I also just saw. I enjoyed it and made me miss Nymphoto. I meant to see Searching for Deborah Winger for a while, but I think it only recently found its way to Netflix. It features so many fantastic and inspiring artists - Charlotte Rampling for one (and the beloved Roger Ebert).
I always thought I was lucky for having spent my teenage years in Paris. Women like Charlotte Rampling, Simone Signoret and Charlotte Gainsbourg are revered and it gives a girl a way better idea about beauty than growing up with what most of Hollywood feeds.
In the documentary Charlotte Rampling said that passion is what gets you out of bed, and then she half-way joked, that sometimes she just cannot get out of bed. I know what she means.

No comments: