--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

This & That (Marseille Edition)

Art: Yuki Onodera at Yossi Milo - find out more at: www.yossimilo.com.
And at Sasha Wolf Gallery: The Sum of All Colors - more information at: www.sashawolf.com.
Coming up: Rona Chang at The Homefront Gallery. Opening: April 23, 2011 - www.thehomefrontgallery.com


© Rona Chang

Books: Finally bought a copy of Patti Smith's memoir Just Kids. I have a special place for Robert Mapplethorpe in my heart. And horses ;)
I also picked up The Tiger's Wife as I was intrigued by The New York Times profile of writer Téa Obreht.

Blogs & Magazines: Emma's Design Blog at www.emmas.blogg.se. I like it and particularly enjoyed looking at Johanna Ekmark's Marseille home (first featured in Swedish Decor Magazine Residence).
Sandra keeps spoiling us with beautiful atmospheric images from her life in Berlin: www.sandrajuto.blogspot.com.



Stylin'. You know some hipster in WillyB is wearing that outfit right now ;) Maman&moi in Marseille © Buesing

Travel: Beautiful Marseille! I heart Port Towns. I have fond memories of Marseille. I remember a vacation with my parents in a gorgeous old hotel, with unfortunately equally old mattresses that scraped the floor when you rested on them. But somehow it was all part of the charm. I also remember vividly a stray dog from the harbor. My parents forever had to pull me away from strays. Nothing changed there :)


Maybe he wasn't a stray, not sure, I only remember with certainty that we became friends © Buesing

Have a good Sunday!

1 comment:

Rona Chang said...

Just Kids is very New York and very good.