--a blog about: art, photography, design, new york, food, books, humor, travel and more.


Saturday, July 2, 2011

PS


Brooklyn native Rudi looking for a playmate ©Nina Buesing Corvallo

As mentioned in my previous post I am a cat enthusiast. Today I visited my schoolmate Kristiina Wilson, who is a fabulous photographer and extraordinary patron saint of NYC felines -- and met an adorable gang of kittens for adoption. We walked in and within a few minutes a tiny little monkey walked right up to the husband and planted herself on his lap. I was so taken I did not even take any pictures. Not taking a picture is the equivalent of me being speechless and it only happens in serious moments.

We have three cats already. Yes, three. Two are close to 20 years old and 10 month old Rudi, who is sweet as pie, just like his older brothers, but who might be in need for some company of someone closer to his age.
But committing to an animal is a big decision and a family decision. Because if you are a conscientious person you could very well be embarking on a two decade long journey. If you have that in you, go for it, it is incredibly rewarding. And if you are in NYC and are looking to adopt a kitten, let me know, and I can put you in touch with Kristiina.
And while you are at it, check out her work at: www.kristiinawilson.com.

1 comment:

Emily Shur said...

Rudi is too cute.